Saturday, October 15, 2011

SEARCHING FOR FRIENDSHIP

SEARCHING FOR FRIENDSHIP     


        by John Kyriazoglou



I feel lost in this age of no values,

A number in a faceless and violent society,

A figure in a disparate abysmal milieu,

An icon in a virtual parallel world!


Where can I find you, friendship?

Where can I find you, love?

Where can I find you, compassion?

Where can I find you, affection?


To guide me to hope,

To steer me to safety,

To show me the true face of humanity,

To bestow upon me His Blessings!

For without friendship, I have no love,

Without love, I have no peace and serenity,

Without peace and serenity, I have no balanced life,

Without balanced life, I have no happiness!

Oh My Dear Lord!

Bring me to friendship and love,

Give me the strength to give affection,

Guide me to your eternal light of compassion!

For without all of these, I am not to be,

I will be lost forever in the abyss of darkness,

I will exist but not to serve You and others,

I will never experience true ecstasy and passion!

Oh my dear Lord!

Please help me in this effort of mine!

For I want to be a fuller person,

To give more friendship, compassion and love to all,

To serve in your great name and divine glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment